Art Gallery Show and Sale
Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts Stollery Gallery (9225 – 118 Avenue)
Saturday: Noon – 8:00 pm Sunday: Noon – 6:00 pm
Welcome to our Deep Freeze Gallery exhibition at the Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts. All artwork on display is available for purchase with a portion of the sale going to support Arts on the Ave – the charity organization that produces Deep Freeze: A Byzantine Winter Festival and other festivals and events in the community. This exhibition showcases a variety of artwork from emerging to established artists. We hope you enjoy this juried exhibition.
Here are some engaging ideas and activities you can try while you are looking at the artwork, especially if you have children:
- You Name the Artwork: Using sticky notes and pencils provided, rename one or two of your favourite artworks. Discuss the reasons for the new title.
- Tell Stories: Make up a story about one of the paintings or sculptures. Ask questions.
- Play I Spy: Choose an object/colour/shape/texture in an artwork and have friends and family members take turns guessing which artwork it is. If it is an object/shape/texture you will need to describe it first – but don’t give too much away!
- Seek and Find: Pick your favourite colours, shapes, textures or objects and see how many you can find in the artwork. This games helps the viewer to look more closely at the art.
- Change where you stand: Change how you view a piece of art by moving really close (but remember no touching) then move really far back. Talk about the differences.
Our Gallery Artists are: Marina Apartsin, Calvin Becker-Burns, Margaret Blank,
Alyson Davies, Julie Drew, Reyna Dye Baillie, Frankie FBR, Krista Hamilton, Mark Henderson, Sherry Heyliger, Cindy James, Kaida Kobylka, Michelle Leavitt-Djonlic, Tong Liu,
C W McDonald, Stephanie Medford, Telisha Nault, Mireille Peloquin, Rebecca Pickard,
Andrea Spurrell, Tunde Vari, Natasa Vretenar, and Dennis Yowney
All artwork is available for purchase. Cash, debit and credit accepted.